It’s spooky season y’all, and what better way to celebrate than with a perfectly themed drink? Well, this Hocus Pocus-inspired Witches Brew Cocktail checks all the boxes. Plus, it even features some common ingredients that Disney uses in their drinks including Butterfly Pea Flower Tea and, of course, Blue Curacao!
Whether you’re getting comfy on the couch for the premier of Hocus Pocus 2 on Disney+, looking for a cocktail to serve at a fall party with friends and family, or just want a fun and tasty nightcap for Halloween, this witches brew recipe is perfect for it all!
You only need eight ingredients to prepare this at home and the ombre effect is surprisingly easy to create. So, this Halloween, don’t settle for your usual drink and give this delicious witches brew cocktail a try!
Note: For a list of ingredients and instructions, scroll down to the bottom of this post and save the recipe card!
This recipe is perfect for those who are:
- Tree nut-free
That’s right, anyone can have this — no allergy concerns at all!
✨ Drink tips
- Try to get the measurements as accurate to the recipe as possible! The wrong ratio of ingredients can alter the taste of the witches brew drink.
- When you prepare the butterfly pea tea flower pouch and gin mixture the night before, place the empty cup that you plan to use for the cocktail the next day into the fridge. This will cool the glass so that you have the perfectly chilled cocktail from your first sip to your last!
- It’s important to add the club soda to the drink at the very last second, so wait to prepare your witches brew cocktail until right before you plan to serve it.
- The quality of your booze matter! You certainly don’t need to reach for only top-shelf liquors, but you don’t want the bottom of the barrel either.
- I recommend pairing the witches brew cocktail with Mickey Pumpkin Sugar Cookies for an even sweeter treat!
✨ How to make the Witches Brew Cocktail
The day before you plan to enjoy this witches brew drink, prepare the gin by placing the butterfly pea tea flower pouch into a small jar with the gin. Let this sit out overnight.
In the morning, remove the tea packet from the gin. Then, fill a separate glass with ice and fill it with the designated amount of blue curacao.
Add the lemon juice and gin carefully on top to create the ombre effect.
Lastly, top the witches brew cocktail with a splash of club soda, garnish with mint and maraschino cherries, and enjoy!
Here are the most common questions I get any time I share this Witches Brew recipe. If you have any more questions, drop them for me in the comments below or DM me on Instagram!
Are gin and blue curacao gluten-free?
Yes, both gin and blue curacao gluten-free!
Which is the best brand of gin?
For this recipe, I recommend using an dry gin as these don’t contain any added flavors or sweeteners that may alter the taste of your drink.
The exact brand that you choose will likely be determined by what is available at your local liquor stores, but I like to use Seagram’s Extra Dry Gin which can be found at spots like Total Wine, Publix, and more.
Which is the best brand of blue curacao?
If you’re looking for something that has only a moderate alcohol content, consider Drillaud Blue Curacao. It is known for being smooth and having full-bodied flavor — a great choice for this witches brew recipe!
For something more crisp, consider Dubouchett Blue Curacao Liqueur. Or, you can use 1883 Routin Blue Curacao Syrup as an alcohol-free option.
💜 Follow me on this food journey!
If you are looking for a community that is just as obsessed with Disney as you are, join the rest of the Magical AF Foodies and like our page to always get the inside scoop on Mickey and all of his friends!
Follow us on Instagram to join us on our foodie adventures at Walt Disney World and its resorts!